AO: The Royale
Beatdown Date: 02/23/2021
Pax: C(L)ock Blocker, Choo-Choo, Dolly, Frenchy, Mr. Rogers, Mushu, Pink Gorilla, Stuffin’, Sweater Vest, Timber, U-Haul
Beautiful morning in the gloom! With March Madness (hopefully) right around the corner, we needed to practice our basketball skills.
Disclaimer and mission statement done and we’re off!
WARM A RAMA
– Nolan Ryans IC x 10 each side
– Mike Tysons IC x 12
– Captain Thor up to 7 (a lot of mumble chatter during this…)
Mosey to basketball “court”. Pax were curious how we were going to practice basketball without a basketball goal, let alone a basketball. Hmm. Fortunately YHC setup a “court” with cones to replicate it so nothing for the pax to worry about!
– 10s: start at baseline with 9 Bobby hurleys and 1 pulsing lunge per leg, run to other baseline and back. Then 8 Bobby hurleys and 2 pulsing lunges per leg, etc
– Full court press! Run as many times from baseline to baseline in a minute
– Plank for # of seconds equals to most points ever scored in nba game: 188 seconds! Asked for some Clockblocker math assistance to divide by 2 (phew). Fortunately he got this one right
– Wilt Chamberlains: run separator, 100 WW2 sit ups, run separator, 100 little man in the woods, run separator, 100 groiners, run separator.
– March 6th convergence at Tempe North Shore at 6am!
– March 13th launch in Tucson at 6am at Gene C Reid Park! Let your Tucson friends know about this and hopefully we can get some Phx pax down there to help them launch as well. So far Mushu, Uhaul, Focker/Panther are planning on making it down there.
– West Fork CSAUP in June: Check slack channel for details.
– Ahwautukee AO launch: tentatively early April! More to come from Uhaul.
– North Scottsdale AO launch: Jeter is coordinating some OTB workouts and hopes to launch an AO in north Scottsdale in the coming weeks or month.
– Uncle Craig
– All school students and administrators going through a significant change right now.
Ended with a quote from basketball great John Wooden. He was known to cancel practice when his players were not practicing at a high standard that was expected of them. This quote below is a great reminder that we should cherish every day, be intentional every day, and be present every day. If we are not doing those things literally right now, today, the opportunity is lost and we can’t “catch up” tomorrow.
“You can never make up for a lost day… Don’t think you can make up for it by working twice as hard tomorrow. If you have it within your power to work twice as hard, why aren’t you doing it now?”
Grateful for everybody this morning! Have a great week!
AO: The Royale