AO: The Furnace
Beatdown Date: 12/16/2020
Pax: Big Mac, Blockbuster, Care-Bear, Focker, Jeter, Outback, Panther, RoadRash, Sherpa, Spaetzle, Spud, Stu, Stuffin’, Sweater Vest, U-Haul, Wilson
COLD (for AZ standards) morning in the gloom! Phone said 36 degrees at time of beat down. That didn’t stop the pax from rolling in for a little Christmas movie trivia!
– Smurf Jacks IC x 14
– Travoltas IC x 14
Time to find out what Christmas movie is the best ever (according to our 17 pax at least).
Counted off pax into two groups. 3 questions for each round below and then the “winner” moves on to next round. Planks done until pax answer the question and then in between questions YHC was so kind (it is the giving season) to give them time to think about their answers, so pax ran to Focker hill, crawl beared up, and then sprinted back to starting point.
ROUND 1 – Home Alone vs Elf
– Better rotten tomato score: ELF! 84% to 65%
– Better box office results: Home alone!
– Who can drop more movie quotes – team Home Alone or Team Elf: Team Home Alone! Road Rash was on a roll…does he watch this movie throughout the entire year?!
To give the pax a break, ran to Focker hill for Jack Webbs up to 8. As our shoulders were feeling wonderful, did Randys (setting the stage for round 2) IC x 30
ROUND 2 – Christmas Vacation vs. Christmas Story
– Better rotten tomato score: Story!
– Better box office results: Vacation!
– Who can drop more movie quotes – Team Xmas Vacation or Team Christmas Story: Team Christmas Story crushed it! Apparently Blockbuster and Spud have this movie memorized
Circle up for some Al Gores (to hug your christmas tree) to take us home!
ROUND 3 – Home Alone vs Christmas Story: polled the pax and Home Alone won under a slight margin! Until next year, this has been settled!
Announcements: Blood drive tomorrow! UHaul posting the Jan/Feb Q schedule on slack soon.
Went around the circle and talked about praises and things we are grateful for in our lives.
Ended COT by talking about the mission of F3 and how we are serving the other men of F3 simply by posting at a beat down. Talked about how my favorite Christmas movie is Its a Wonderful Life and left the pax with this quote from Pa Bailey about serving others: “All you can take with you is that which you’ve given away”
AO: The Furnace